The California School for the Deaf, Riverside (CSDR) is a component of the State Special Schools and Services Division of the California Department of Education. The school serves deaf and hard-of-hearing students, between the ages of 3 and 21, who reside in the 11 counties of Southern California.
At CSDR, students:
- acquire the two languages of American Sign Language (ASL) and written English
- develop listening and speaking skills, as appropriate
- receive direct instruction in ASL from credentialed teachers and interact with peers and support staff who can communicate in ASL
- receive support services from qualified audiologists, counselors, school psychologists, and speech therapists
- can be a class president, a star athlete, or a yearbook editor
- may travel to CSDR each day or live on campus in beautiful cottages
- may enroll in the instructional program with no cost to parents or school districts
To request a tour or enrollment information, send an email to email@example.com.