California Deaf Education Resource Center
The California Deaf Education Resource Center:
- Conducts family tours of the school based on the individual needs of the student and family
- Provides ASL classes for the community/CSDR families
- Provides workshops, programs, and classes for families of deaf children
- Partners with the southern California communities to assist families with available resources and questions related to the education of their deaf child
- Provides workshops and trainings to professionals and parents of Deaf and Hard of Hearing children
- Family mentor program connected with our PIP program and CSU, Northridge
ASL classes are offered to the community. Classes take place on Wednesday evening from 6pm-7:30pm once a week. Children are welcome, but no childcare is available. Updated class schedules are shared with parents/community every semester.
Each month, a workshop is included in the schedule. Workshop topics vary from Resources for the Deaf to How to Read to Your Deaf Child.